Can you recall a “constructive collision” you’ve encountered at a recent networking or trade show event? I can. And it’s the main reason why I try to attend so many events each year.
Networking is great, but it’s the opportunity to brainstorm or come up with new solutions and ideas on-the-spot that gets me really excited.
These are the main events that I have on my radar this year. What about you?
- Oregon Entrepreneurs Network (OEN) Angel Oregon Spring Showcase – April 16 in Portland, Ore. This is a fast-paced program to hear about the newest up-and-coming innovators in the region.
- Southern Oregon Angel Conference – April 30 in Jacksonville, Ore. A VIP networking event is planned for the day before, but the real deals will be made on April 30 when finalists go head-to-head for Southern Oregon investment.
- Willamette Angel Conference – May 8 in Eugene, Ore. This is the largest angel group in the state, and it spans a diverse group of startups and industries. Great place to take a pulse of startup activity in the region.
- OEN Entrepreneurial Summit – June 6 in Portland, Ore. This is a great learning opportunity to hear the stories and experience of leading entrepreneurs. Last year, RelianceCM was the presenting sponsor of the event. Highly recommend attending!
- TechCrunch Seattle Meetup – June 12 in Seattle, Wash. If anyone has a pulse on the startup scene in the country, it’s the editorial team at TechCrunch. This local event is part of a nationwide series where TechCrunch editors lead the pitch-off.
- TechFestNW – August 15-16 in Portland, Ore. This year marks the third annual TechFestNW, part of the popular MusicFestNW. Focused on the theme of UX this year, the event features speakers, a career fair, an expo hall, parties and networking opportunities all around.
These are the ongoing local meetups that I regularly attend. Hope to see you there!